Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lent

I am a bit embarrassed to post, as it has been a while again. Really, I have been struggling with my eating. I so want to continue losing weight, but I'm finding it difficult. Indeed the scale is inching upward slowly. However, the other day I was journaling about learning the concept of "enough" in my life--enough time, enough things, enough food, whether I am enough for it all. At the same time I had been wanting to choose some practice to adopt for Lent. It occurred to me that addressing "enough" might be just the thing. So here are my Lenten practices (starting them a wee bit late):
1. Eat according to my plan and write it all down.
2. Work on only one knitting project at a time until each project is done.
3. Buy nothing except the necessities for myself and our household.
So, today, I did it. I succeeded for the first time in weeks in writing down my eating and sticking within bounds.

Breakfast: Mango/blackberry smoothie, 1 slice cinnamon bread
Lunch: large lettuce/vege salad, 2 T hummus, 2 small bits of cheese, 2/3 piece flatbread, dressing, red peppers
Snack: 1 slice bread, 1 banana, tall skinny latte
Dinner: 1 1/2 c. vege bisque, 2 slices bread
Snack: 1 T nuts, 1 1/2 c. popcorn

Today's reason to lose weight (as seen on a bus stop): Losing 1 pound can relieve up to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees.

No comments: