Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reflections and keeping on....

Two years ago I had a great run at improving my health. I blogged here 177 times and lost a great deal of weight. Since then, I continue to struggle off and on with my weight. I am currently 224 pounds. Not that the weight itself is the core of the issue, but it is a good indicator of how my self-care is progressing. I recently read "The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl" by Shauna Reid, though, and was very encouraged by her journey--her weight loss took her six years with lots of ups and downs in there. Still she kept getting back to it eventually. So, perhaps if I just keep at it? I do think that I need to develop some different ways of thinking about myself in order to succeed. There are many things that I think that I'll do when I lose weight that I'm beginning to think that I should do now. Here are some of my more recent attempts: making myself a skirt, making a sweater, having a pedicure. It hasn't always seemed like it was worth the work on these things in the past. I always thought, "What if I lose weight? Then the _________ won't fit anymore." Well, I guess I'd just have to make myself more things. Self care is the big word for me this year--it's something that I am not so good at, whether it is body care or taking care of my time or what have you. Anyway, I am sitting down today to make some goals for the next 6 weeks or so. I'll post them after they are a bit more firm. I am going to attempt to revive this blog, perhaps in a slightly different way than before. So, here's to keeping on!

No comments: