Sunday, January 6, 2008

HALT

I've been on a retreat the last couple of days. I spent some time reading the Julia Cameron book. I think that the HALT principle that she talks about there might be helpful to my afternoon sweet cravings. She says not to let yourself get too hungry, too angry, too lonely or too tired. I don't think that I often have a problem with the second, but I know I "forget" to eat lunch until later in the afternoon and then it is hard to stop eating. I also think that I should schedule a relaxing break in the early afternoon. We'll see how that helps. I'll weigh in in the morning and post it here. Thanks for sharing my journey with me.

Breakfast: 1/2 english muffin with jam
Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, roasted beets with blue cheese and walnuts, vinaigrette, carrots, cucumber
Snack: 1 piece pecan pie
Dinner: 1 1/2 c. dilly potato bean soup, 1 1/2 slices bread, salad with dressing, 1 small piece fruit cobbler

Today's reason to lose weight: I want to be living my life with intention.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Keoke bought the book for me. I love it! And can't wait to discuss it with you. I finished the chapter on the 4 questions this morning.

I think what I love most about the book is that it was an aside to unblocking creativity.

It's good to see you back on your blog.