Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Brand New Year and a revived plan.

Yes, the Farmgirl Gets Fit blog has been awfully quiet for quite some time. To tell the truth, I had really lost my momentum and got tired of saying so on my blog. However, the last year has been one of great progress for me and I did not want to see it that progress go to waste. I still feel as though I am very much on the journey of becoming a healthier, more proactive person. In my mind 2007 was a great success. However, I am aware of the fragility of my new patterns and successes and know that the old patterns are so much easier. So, I am not wanting to give up the fight. I am finding myself with renewed energy for this again at this time of year.
I'm excited to have found a couple of resources to help me on the next leg of this journey. Before I tell you what they are, let me first say that I have long been pondering the connection between creativity and my health goals. The connection has seemed to be there, but I could not put my finger on it exactly. After Christmas, I stopped in the used book store and found this book by Julia Cameron, author of "The Artist's Way". I was very excited and picked it up with a trade slip I had. She talks about how she noticed people going through the Artist's Way course and losing weight (not the point of the course). She began exploring the connections and wrote this book.
Now, last year I felt that the Artist's Way course had really helped my progress and I'm excited to start going through this book. She suggests a food journal--writing down what you eat, but also what you want to eat and why. I've devoted a little red notebook to this and will try to be diligent. You should be seeing more of me here again. I am starting 2008 at 207 pounds. (Yes, I gained a few). I plan to continue to walk 6 days a week for an hour and will record my eating as well.

Breakfast: 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/3 c. granola, 1 banana
Lunch: 1 crepe, 1 egg, salsa, 1 T cheese, 1/2 c. beets
Snack: 2" peppermint bark, 1 tangerine, 3 c. popcorn, 1 banana
Dinner: 1 1/2 c. curried vegetable bisque, 8 saltines, 1 1/2 oz cheese
Snack: 2" peppermint bark, 1 piece hard candy

Today's reason to lose weight: I am becoming a healthier, more trim woman every day that I follow good practices!

1 comment:

aurora bender said...

i'm really glad to read this. i should pick up that book too. i am realizing that i really do need to start running again, or at least walking consistently, because i see myself being able to focus more on school and being creative too. it really is an interesting connection. and yes, 2007 was a great year for you and i know you can continue.