Friday, June 29, 2007

Thurday

I am entering for Thursday this morning. We'll be away this weekend, so I may be silent for the weekend. I have been fairly discouraged at the slow pace of weight loss lately. However I measured myself in the last couple of days and have been encouraged that I have lost an inch on my hips and 2 on my waist in the last month. I guess my body is progressing in many ways. I have an urge to sew something for myself. In many ways, it would make sense to buy something. I would be able to tell ahead of time if something would look good or not, how it will fit, etc. However, there is something significant to me in taking the time to sew something for myself. It will communicate care to myself. I have not wanted to sew for myself for years. I think I should.

I am also due for a progress photo here. That would perhaps be encouraging to me as well. Here are yesterday's details:

I walked in the afternoon.

Breakfast:1/2 c. granola, 1 banana, 1 c. granola
Snack: 1 poppy seed muffin
Lunch: 8 rice crackers, carrot/almond spread, cucumbers, 3 slices cheese, 1/2 c. fruit smoothie
Dinner: 1 c. pesto pasta salad with white beans, 1/2 ear of corn on the cob, lots of cherry tomatoes, small glass white wine
Snack: handful of chocolate chips

Today's reason to lose weight: This needs to be a new lifestyle for me.

No comments: