Sunday, July 8, 2007

Struggling....

So, obviously, I have not been as diligent in keeping this blog lately. Truthfully, I am quite discouraged about my weight loss and health goals presently. I know that I've made so much progress, but I am lacking the passion and consistency right now. Yet, I do not want to give in...I want to keep progressing and I really like the things coming out of finding greater fitness and losing weight. I like it when I am not mastered by food and consumed by snacking all day long. I like feeling like I am taking good care of myself and making decisions that I feel good about. I wish I knew how to turn the motivation switch back on. Any ideas, folks?

I am not intending to give up. I guess tomorrow I will go for a walk and try to write down all I eat and make good choices once again and hope that the motivation reappears at some point. I promise a weigh in and a food journal tomorrow. I really hope to push through this difficult stretch....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been a closet reader of your blog off and on for the past couple of weeks. Keep going my friend. I am encouraged by you. Excited to see your journal yesterday and read about your bernal walk with the boys victory.

Unknown said...

i, meeghan, actually wrote this (who knows how this computer stuff works?)

Lisa said...

Thanks, Meeghan! I hope to keep going : ).

Lisa said...

P.S. I'm glad to know someone is reading, too. : )

Mike Stavlund said...

Reason to keep going:

I've witnessed some serious physical and athletic accomplishments over the past few years, but I've never felt such inspiration or seen such determination as I see in you, my friend. What you are doing is important and significant and it inspires people. Thanks for sharing your journey, and honestly expressing the struggle.