Sunday, April 29, 2007

For yesterday...

No walk as I took the day off for this week.

Breakfast: 1/2 english muffin, 1 egg
Lunch: 1/4 c. nuts, 1/2 pita, 1/2 c. curried chicken salad, veges and hummus, 12 oz sparkling lemonade, 1/4 slice birthday cake
Snack: 1/2 c. GORP
Dinner: 1/2 pita, 1/2 c. curried chicken salad, 12 oz sparkling lemonade
Snack: 2 c. popcorn

So, better quantities of food today, but I still need to be mindful of the catagories of food I am consuming--where are the veges and fruits? I am not feeling very grounded in this process right now. I think I need to remind myself of the significant progress I have made. I need to remember that change happens in pound size increments and that those do add up. A few friends have commented that I have lost weight quickly. I guess in retrospect it hasn't been so long, but the present struggle with these few pounds always feels like lots of hard work that takes a very long time. It is a good process, but my emotions and mind often need some time to catch up with my body. All part of the journey, I guess.

Today's reason to lose weight: Mark found a pair of pants today and brought them home. They are a size 14. I told him, "These won't fit for quite a while." He urged me to try them on. Lo and behold, they are a bit snug, but I can easily button and zip them. They should be fine in 5 pounds or so. Who knew? That's encouraging to me.

No comments: