Saturday, April 21, 2007

Live culture making class today

I enjoyed a live culture dairy products class today where we learned to make pima, yogurt, creme fraiche, kefir and quark. The samples were all made with raw milk and I cannot tell you how wonderful everything tasted. I wonder how much raw milk costs....On my way to the class I did a brisk hike up and over Bernal Hill (good job, me).

Breakfast: 1 c. yogurt, 1/4 c. granola
Lunch: 1 cliff bar, samples of cheese, yogurt and other dairy products at class, asparagus, strawberries (3), 5 crackers, 10 almonds
Dinner: 1 piece frittata, 1 crumpet
Snack: handful goldfish crackers, 1/2 c. ice cream

Today's reason to lose weight: The healthier I become, the more energy I have for the endless possibilities that are in front of me!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Maybe you could find someone to supply you with raw milk, direct from the farm? Perhaps Eatwell has some ideas. The only commercial seller of raw milk in California, when I was looking, was Organic Pastures which cost about twice as much as Strauss (which is already expensive!). I chose not to go with Organic Pastures because I thought Strauss tasted better, and I wasn't looking to make any of that wonderful stuff at the time. Maybe it'd be worth a try.