Tuesday, April 17, 2007

HOME!

I am home after a terrific vacation in DC. I wound up gaining one pound on vacation (putting me at 205). I walked like crazy and I think I learned a few things about this process:

1. I am still dangerous around food when I am not very intentional about it! It was difficult to eat well on vacation and so easy to eat extra food and sweets. I tend to feel like I "deserve" certain things because I am tired or because I walked a long ways or because everyone else is having it.

2. I discovered that I really want to continue this process! I did not like the feeling, as vacation went along, that I was less and less in control of my desires for food. I would like to be in charge in that arena of my life. I think it might take concerted effort and intention for a very long time, but I really feel better emotionally, physically and mentally when I am disciplined in my eating, so I am back and ready to go!

There's still so much work to be done on this journey, but I am grateful to have the chance to be learning right now at this time!
So, I will check in tonight with my food log!

Today's reason to lose weight: This is really a good journey to be on!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm so glad you're home!