Sunday, February 25, 2007

The end of a busy weekend...

The house is quiet, the girls are gone, my boys are home, the parties are over. I am tired and thankful. I am thankful for the rich opportunities and relationships available to my family. We have an amazing life and I am very grateful. Grateful, and happily tired.

Hailey had a friend here until 6:30 tonight and we had Seven meeting until about 8:30. As I sat down here, I realized that this will be the first day that I am actually going to miss my walk this year. I didn't feel I could leave this particular friend and Hailey home alone, because I am not sure her parents would have been okay with that. Tonight I began my cycle and I am so tired. I am just going to be very determined to walk tomorrow. My fear has been that missing a day will begin the unraveling of this process. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way. So, I will walk again tomorrow and hopefully not miss a day again for another couple months : )

By the way, no weigh in for sure tomorrow as water retention is in full swing. I hope for glowing reports the following Monday as I have had a great week as far as my eating goes!

Breakfast: 1 banana crepe, 1 c. apple cider
Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza, 1 banana, 8 carrots, dip
Snack: 1/2 c. yogurt, 1 granola bar
Dinner: 1 1/2 c. potato soup, 1 slice bread
Snack: 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/3 c. granola

Today's reason to lose weight: The "I can" feeling will be back when the cycle "yuckiness" passes. I am trying to learn that my feelings are changeable and if I can just push past them without eating my way out of them, soon I don't feel like I need to eat my way past them anymore! it's just a matter of waiting long enough.

No comments: