Thursday, February 1, 2007

Exhaling...

Walked first thing this morning, but I was off to a slow start after yesterday. Came home, sipped coffee, journaled in my paper journal and took my time starting the day!

Breakfast: 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 orange, 1 stick string cheese
Lunch: Chicken salad: Lettuce, 4 oz. chicken, tomato, crouton, feta
Snack: 1/2 oatmeal cookie, 8-10 nuts, apple slices, 2 chocolates
Dinner: 1/2 c. squash gnocchi, 2 oz. beef, green salad
Dessert (thanks to Amy): 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream with a little drizzle of chocolate and a very tiny bit of brownie crumbles. Mmmm!

A little heavy on the snacky things....Oops. Not to excuse it, but I was very tired today. A good reason not to let myself have days like yesterday. They wipe me out and make it harder to do what I need to do. Well, tomorrow is another day. Back to work : ).

Today's reason to lose weight: I want my kids to see me facing this challenge and able to do something about it! I want them to know that you can make changes and that change might involve hard work and that some things are worth that work.

No comments: