Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The before "before" picture...



So, Mark unearthed this photo from about 2 years ago, which I guess is a before "before" picture. I don't know what I weigh there, but it is much more than at the bottom of this page. It makes me feel kind of sad to look at it, but kind of encouraged, too. I guess I've come some way, even before January 1 of this year!

I succeeded in a couple of ways today--I ate well while running errands and I walked an hour, even though I couldn't get to it until nearly 8:00 tonight. Both are way out of my normal patterns. With success comes some apprehension still--how do I think I can keep on doing this, or some such other form of self doubt. But, I can do this today and I think tomorrow : ). The mind game needs to be won daily. I'm still not sure how to keep on top of the mind game the whole way through, but as long as I can keep on it today and maybe tomorrow, I'll be fine. Here's the statistics for the day:

Breakfast: 1/2 waffle, 12 cherries
Lunch: 2 pieces dried mango, 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 vege burger with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
Snack: 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 c. vanana yogurt
Dinner: 1/2 c. pasta, 1/2 c. sauce with veges, 2 meatballs, brussel sprouts
Snack: 8 rice crackers, 2 T pumpkin cheese spread

Today's reason to lose weight: I feel great about eating well and taking good care of my body.

No comments: