Saturday, January 6, 2007

Day 5

Nice relaxing day today. I took the day off from walking and slept in.

Breakfast: 1 crepe with 10 or so chocolate chips, 12 cherries
Lunch: Chris' corn salad (1 c) on lettuce leaf wraps
Snack: 15 rice crackers and 1 1/2 oz blue cheese
Dinner: 4 oz. baked chicken, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, 1 c. broccoli and 1 tangerine

My food was much more varied and interesting today. The corn salad was really good and satisfying (thanks, Chris!). I have some left over fruit and vegetable allowances, so I'll need to get more veges especially tomorrow. This morning I really wanted some hot cocoa and a bit more decadent of a breakfast ( we have a mix for chocolate peppermint pancakes). I decided to compromise with the chocolate chips on my crepe--I think it was less damaging. By mid morning, though, I was happy to stick with things today. I am really attached to my food--the sweets and carbs, anyway. I hope that the cravings for it fade a bit as time goes on....

Today's reason to lose weight: I think we'll spend less money on groceries. (Really! I can't believe how long the bread I made Monday is lasting and the granola and a few other things. Yikes!)

No comments: