Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 9

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, 1 tangerine
Midmorning: 1 banana
Lunch: 2 c. lettuce, garlic vinaigrette, 1 1/2 oz. beef, 1/4 c. sweet potato
Snack: 1 c. fat free yogurt, 1/3 c. granola, banana
Dinner: 1 c. chili, 7 chips, 8 baby carrots
Dessert at the Sharps: 1 ball mochi ice cream

I walked at least an hour today and took my vitamins. It was nice to have a small indulgence tonight and even nicer to find out that it was only about 100 calories. I need to do some menu planning again soon. There's not alot of variety left in the house. Better put that on my to-do list for tomorrow.

Today I find it interesting to notice the roller coaster my confidence and contentment take with this process. At least twice today I felt like I could do this for a very long time and at other times I wondered how much longer I could maintain any sense of discipline--all in the same day. So, I guess if I just wait long enough my feelings will once more be in my favor. I wonder how much of my struggle is tied to not being willing to wait for something good--wanting what I want NOW. It's hard to wait for drastic results, change, chocolate, a good taste in my mouth and probably lots of other things in my life. I'm sure most people have their own unique form of seeking immediate pleasure and struggle with learning to wait and be patient for the right time for something.

Today's reason to lose weight: The proactivity of learning to eat in a healthy way spills over into the other activities of my daily life and I feel more productive and satisfied with my work.

No comments: