Friday, January 5, 2007

Friday!

I feel like it has been a good week--getting lots done in many areas, making dreaded phone calls and the like AND staying with my eating program. I walked another hour today.

Breakfast: 1 piece whole wheat cinnamon bread, 1/2 c. yogurt, 1 banana
Lunch: about 2 c. vegetable barley soup, 1 piece bread, 2 oz. havarti cheese
Snack: banana, 8 cashews
Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza leftover from yesterday
Sweet: part of a candy cane

All within the bounds of the diet, but I had better build in some variety soon. Some meals are more satisfying than others...

It's been nice to have Peanut here this week. She needs to go out in the morning, so it gets me moving out the door, especially this morning when it was so cold. I do feel good once I get out there and even better when I get home and see that I accomplished a good 50 minutes or more.

So much of the change that I want to see seems to come down to taking the time to really take care of myself and my life. It reminds me of recent conversations with Mark about giving the mundane parts of our life the honor they deserve.

Today's reason to lose weight: I want to be healthy and active when our kids are grown!

No comments: