Tuesday, January 2, 2007

First Real Day

So, I did it. Day one down. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1/2 c. yogurt, 1 slice whole wheat cinnamon bread, 12 cherries, latte
Lunch: 1 c. squash soup, 1/2 c. cucumber, 1 carrot, 1/3 c. hummus
Snack: 1 slice cinnamon bread, 1 apple
Dinner: 2 corn tortilla, 1/2 c. refried beans, 1/4 c. cheddar cheese, 2 T hummus

I am using the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight plan, which counts servings of Fat, Protein, Carbohydrates, Fruits, Veges and Sweets. To eat about 1400 cal/day I aim for 3 servings fat, 4 servings of protein/dairy, 5 carbohydrates, 4 or more fruits, 4 or more veges and 75 calories of sweets. So, today I have 2 servings of fruit left for the day and my sweets.

I am surprised at how much fruit and vegetables I can eat, but how easy it is for me to fill the rest of the food requirements. I guess I really enjoy carbs. I may not be able to post until Sunday. Mark will be out of town with the computer and the other computer is not yet set up. I'll see what I can do, but I'll update nevertheless on Sunday.

No comments: