Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back in the saddle again...

The nice week continued today. In a funny sort of way, I think yesterday's binge turned out to be sort of a good thing. This is what I mean--in the past, I binge, I feel horrible about myself and I tell myself that I'm not capable of anything better. Yesterday was different. After I "snapped out of it", I thought, "Wow. I don't really like that. It sure wasn't very satisfying. I think I'll get back to what I'm about right now." And I did. Not that I'm so confident I could never go back, but I also learned I can screw up and pick it up and keep on going.

Today, I had a nice walk with Chris. We had no writing/spanish/Shakespeare today, so we just did some normal school work, went to Isaiah's violin lesson and then Mark took the kids to soccer! It was a pretty chill Wednesday and it gave me time to prep for the Prayer Learning Lab that Adam and I led tonight. Aaaaah! What a nice day!

Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 tortilla, 1 scrambled egg, salsa
Snack: 1 banana, 15 flat pretzels
Lunch: cabbage, carrots, 1/2 c. black beans, 1 apple
Snack: 1 slice bread, 1 T peanut butter, dried cranberries, 1/2 c. juice
Dinner: 2 c. vegetarian chili, sprinkle of cheese, 1 1/2 corn muffins
Treat: 1 carrot minimuffin

Today's reason to lose weight: I am very close to being out of the "obese" range on the BMI chart. Pretty soon I'll be merely "overweight". (I know it sounds funny, but really, I will feel good about that!)

No comments: