Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday

Today was my day off of my walk. I tried to get a leg up on food this week by doing some cooking in advance. I made a wheat berry salad, seven grain bread, and coleslaw today. Mark came home and made a nice lunch for us of broccoli and chicken. Somehow, we've been getting a magazine called "Eating Well" in the mail. I don't recall ordering it and neither does Mark, but I really like it. It has some great articles, the food is tasty and often low cal or low fat, but without using things like lowfat cheese or margarine (which lots of recipes tend to do and which I really dislike! I'd just prefer to eat less of the real thing). So it seems to fit my sensibilities. The wheat berry salad is from there and it is very good--it has apples and cranberries and walnuts, tossed in a raspberry/orange vinaigrette. Mmmmm.

Breakfast: 3/4 c. whole grain cooked cereal with dried cranberries and blueberries with 1 T almonds
Lunch: Broccoli and chicken and onion stir fry (about 1 1/2 c.), 1 banana
Snack: 1/2 bottle of soda, 1 piece whole wheat bread
Dinner: 1 c. coleslaw, 1 c. wheat berry salad, 1 slice bread, 1 lacey cookie, 2 truffles, 1/4 macaroon

Oooh. Still need to watch those little nibbles of sweets in group settings!

Today's reason to lose weight: I want this area of my life--my personal care and well being--to also reflect God's work in my life more fully.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I just had to say how beautiful your "reason" is today.