Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thursday, after missing a day

So, I missed yesterday...not that I did badly, though. I went for my walk and had an extremely busy and productive day. It was Mark's birthday and I threw a big party. At the end of the party, though, it was late and I felt ill. Today I have a terrible achy cold. I can't even quite remember the details of yesterday's eating, so I'll skip it.

Today, went for a one hour walk, allbeit a slower walk than usual. I hate feeling ill and often like to pretend that I'm not. I did take it easy today though and we did school-lite today. Everyone enjoyed that : ).

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 crumpet, 1 banana
Lunch: 3 lamb meatballs, 1/4 c. spinach and chickpea salad, 8 rice crackers, 1/2 c. mushrooms
Snack: 1 orange
Dinner: 2 slices pizza, 1 virgin mojito, 1 banana

So, I realized today that it will not be long until I have been at my new habits for 3 months. I don't think that I have ever sustained such effort before in my life. I am enjoying the benefits: greater self confidence, productivity, my body is looking better, my husband is very interested in the changing shape of my body : ) (though he's always shown interest), my skin feels good, I feel like presenting myself better, I am learning where the issues that I need to address are, I have hope that I can see this through to the end, and the list goes on. I hanging in there to hit that 3 month mark! (and likely beyond!)

Today's reason to lose weight: I am curious to see what my body will look like under all the "extras". I don't think I've ever quite been at a healthy weight since I was in grade school. I'd sure like to try it out!

1 comment:

Lora said...

congrats on your perseverance and results...sorry you're not feeling 100%. thanks for the blog encouragement, and for the party last night!