Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A day of gratitude....

So, I decided that today would be the day that I especially try to practice gratitude this week--notice the beauty and goodness of God around me today and give thanks. So, I walk out the door and run into a neighborhood prostitute named Deanna. I've known her for a couple of years and we always chat about the weather and my kids. So we exchanged pleasantries and then she said, "You are gettin' skinny and you look beautiful. After those three kids, and now you look gorgeous!" I thought how ironic that I was going to notice and give gratitude and this was the first thing in my face. I smiled the whole walk thinking about it.

So, I am also grateful to report that I found two shirts for the trip to DC. They fit, they feel feminine, they look great on my and one of them came from the "misses" section rather than the "women's" section. It feels great!

So, the details of my day...I took a nice walk today.

Breakfast: 2 pancakes, 1 banana
Snack: 1 piece string cheese
Lunch: 1 egg, spinach, onion, 1 1/2 oz beef, 1 slice avacado, tomato slice
Dinner at Pakwan: 1/2 c. rice, 1/2 naan, 1/2 samosa, 1/2 c. chicken tikka masala, 1 1/2 oz tandoori beef, spinach and potatoes, 1 mango lassi

Today's reason to lose weight: Because it is my choice whether I continue down this road to greater health or not. I like the health that is coming!

No comments: